General Terms of Conditions
german version is legally binding!
Explanation of terms
Participants, programme contributors, guests and external media representatives* of the LCOY - Young Climate Conference Germany (hereinafter referred to as "LCOY Germany") and all other events of the LCOY Germany are hereinafter referred to as "event participants". "Physical events" are events for which the event participants travel to or are present at one or more locations specified by the organisation team.
Conclusion of contract and contractual services
- § 1 The event participant acknowledges the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditionsapply to all events organised by LCOY Deutschland before, during and after these events.
- § 2 The contract is concluded between the user, the LCOY Deutschland with the BUNDjugend (Jugend im Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland e.V., Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 5, D-10553 Berlin, represented by the federal management) as legal sponsor and the individual event participant or his/her legal guardian.
- § 3 The event participant or his/her legal guardian is obliged to follow the rules and regulations set up by the LCOY Germany organisation team as well as the house rules and conditions in the premises used.
- § 4 Every participant has to take care of sufficient insurance coverage (especially liability insurance) during events of the LCOY Germany.
Participation and cancellation for participants
- § 5 The*participant or his/her*legal representatives undertake to participate in the entire conference (in particular from the beginning of the opening event to the end of the closing event) or to attend the entire event. Should this not be possible for certain reasons, the organisation team must be informed at least 48 hours before the start of the event (exception: train delay or similar).
- § 6 The participant or his/her legal representatives undertake to pay the participation fee in due time (within 2 weeks after registration and before the start of the event) and to participate constructively in the event.
- § 7 The participation fee for physical events includes catering at the conference from Friday afternoon to Sunday noon. There will be vegan and vegetarian meals.
- § 8 The participant is responsible for the organisation and payment of travel, accommodation (if no accommodation is used) and meals beyond the meals covered by the participation fee according to § 7. The legal representatives approve this for participation.
- § 9 In the event of cancellation up to four weeks before the start of the event, the participation fee will be refunded, provided the organisation team can find a replacement participant. If the cancellation is made within four weeks before the conference begins, there is no claim to reimbursement of the participation fee, except in the case of illness of the participant. For the refund the organisation team of LCOY Germany has to be informed immediately and a medical certificate has to be presented.
Participation for programme contributors
- § 10 The programme contributor may only enter the conference premises, attend the conference and make use of the catering services (lunch and dinner) free of charge on the day* of his own programme contribution.
- § 11 All programme contributors should be present at least 15 minutes before the respective programme contribution (physical or virtual depending on the format) and should report immediately to the LCOY Germany organisation team in case of delay.
- § 12 All programme contributors to a physical event should inform the organisation team of the required materials at least 2 weeks before the event so that they can be available on site (unusual materials should be announced at least 3 weeks in advance). Otherwise there is no guarantee that the materials will be available.
- § 13 The programme contributors or their legal representatives acknowledge that the amount of the expense allowance is determined by the organisation team and that payment is only made if the programme contribution is kept in full.
- § 14 If the programme contribution cannot take place, the programme contributor should inform the organisation team as soon as possible, including a reason.
Participation as guest
- § 15 In the case of physical events, the guest may only enter the conference premises, attend the conference and take advantage of free catering (lunch and dinner) on the day(s) of the invitation.
- § 16 All guests should be present at least 15 minutes before the respective event for which participation has been confirmed and should report immediately to the organisation team of LCOY Germany in case of delay.
- § 17 If a participation as a guest cannot take place, the guest should inform the organisation team as soon as possible including a reason.
Participation as external media representative
- § 18 The media representative may only enter the conference site or attend non-public parts of online events or participate in other events of the LCOY Germany during the times determined by the organisation team of the LCOY Germany, which can be seen at www.lcoy.de/presse, or by individual arrangement.
- § 19 The*media representative* is obliged to register with the organisation team before taking photos, videos and sound recordings.
Instructions and grounds for exclusion
- § 20 Instructions given by members of the organisation team of LCOY Germany and the staff of the premises must be followed.
- § 21 Further rules at events of the LCOY Germany are
(1) Nobody will be injured - physically or mentally - or put in unpleasant situations (during or in connection with an event of the LCOY Deutschland);
(2) There is an absolute ban on drugs (including alcohol and cigarettes), unless otherwise approved by the project management;
(3) Punctual appearance at all programme points is required;
(4) Electronic devices should only be used during programme items requiring attendance if requested;
(5) Possible house rules or other regulations of the premises in connection with an event of the LCOY Deutschland are to be observed.
- § 22 Refusal to comply with the instructions in paragraphs 20 and 21 or failure to comply with the rules may be punished by exclusion from the event. The same exclusion can be imposed in the event of violations of rules that lead to the proper conduct of the event. The project management decides on the exclusion. In the event of exclusion through the participant's own fault, there are no claims for reimbursement of the participation fees, even if only partial.
Scope of liability and duty of supervision
- § 23 Jugend im Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland e.V. is liable within the framework of legal regulations for intent and gross negligence of its members and the organisation team of LCOY Deutschland before, during and after events of LCOY Deutschland.
- § 24 Participation is at the participant's own responsibility and there is no duty of supervision by the members of the organisation team of LCOY Deutschland.
- § 25 The organisation team of the LCOY Germany is not obliged to check whether participants are not allowed to take part in evening events for reasons of youth protection law or whether an incorrect date of birth was given with the registration. The legal guardians approve the underage participant's participation in all events organised by the LCOY Deutschland (see declaration of consent U18).
- § 26 LCOY Germany undertakes to comply with the statutory provisions on data protection. The following provisions apply in addition to the provisions set out in our data protection declaration.
- § 27 By participating in events of the LCOY Deutschland you agree that your registration data can be viewed by the organisation team and processed exclusively within the framework of events of the LCOY Deutschland. Within the framework of the event, lists may be drawn up which contain the following information: Name and contact details (e.g. e-mail address or telephone number) of participants, programme contributors and guests. These lists can be
- (a) be freely visible at the event to all persons attending the event; and
- (b) if required, made available to participants, programme contributors and guests of the event exclusively for the purpose of the event. The data will not be passed on to third parties.
- § Section 28 As described above, personal data is collected and processed in particular for participation in the conference or other events to which the data subject is a party or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the data subject. The provision of personal data for this purpose is therefore contractually required. If you do not provide us with personal data, this means that participation in events of LCOY Deutschland cannot be guaranteed.
Use of photo, video and sound material
- 29 By registering for and attending the conference and other events of the LCOY Germany (including participants, programme contributors, guests, members of the organising team and external media representatives*) or entering the conference site, you agree that photographic, video and audio material may be produced by you during the event. You also grant the necessary rights to publish and store these pictures, videos and sound recordings for LCOY Deutschland purposes, in particular for marketing purposes, on our own website, our official social media channels (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram), our YouTube channel (also possible as a live stream) and on advertising material as well as on websites and social media channels of third parties (for example external media representatives*, guests, programme contributors, participants or team members of LCOY Deutschland). This also applies if you provide text contributions as well as photo, video and sound recordings to the organisation team of LCOY Deutschland, in particular you transfer the complete rights for further use.
- § 30 Consent to these GTC is voluntary. However, no participation in the conference or other events can be guaranteed by not granting or revoking consent. Consent may be revoked in whole or in part at any time. The revocation is only valid with effect for the future. Already produced photo, film and sound recordings as well as produced print and digital media as well as data which must be stored due to legal regulations are excluded from the revocation.
- § 31 The revocation must be sent in writing to the following address:
Gert Sanders, Jugend im Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland e.V.,
Empress-Augusta-Allee 5, D-10553 Berlin
- 32 Should individual provisions of these GTC be invalid, the validity of the other provisions shall remain unaffected. With my registration, I confirm that all details in the associated online registration have been provided to the best of my knowledge and belief.
as of 1.10.20